Wednesday 29 January 2014

Blogging again!

After a brief two month hiatus, I am blogging again...HURRAHH!!! To my loyal readers, apologies for not giving notice of the said hiatus. It was totally not planned. My husbie (yes, husbie...cos' he likes 'husbie' rather than 'hubby'...why? will blog more about it later) advised me last night on why I should be blogging again. Lots to blog about...

First of all, let me begin by wishing everyone a wonderful 2014. Hope your new year celebrations were awesome. With Chinese New Year being around the corner, Gong Xi Fa Cai! I hear the Year of the Horse will be a great year for those born in the Year of the Snake and not so good for those born in the Year of the Rat (Hang in there fellow Rats! GAMBATE!).

Now, back to moi'...

How did the wedding ceremonies go?

Generally, ALHAMDULILLAH. Everything went well with minor glitches.

Reviews of some of my vendors will be coming up soon. For those searching for a caterer, for now, I would recommend staying away from Anjung Catering. Lack of professionalism in their after service as well the time spent in chasing after them...YES! CHASING!!!..have really put a damper on things. Others were very much to our satisfaction.

Being all planned and executed by myself, I can proudly include wedding planner/event planner in my resume'. If any of you do need help in planning an event, do not hesitate to contact me. This is my first wedding but certainly not my first event I've organised.

On my husbie's end, ceremonies went well too with minor glitches...(grumble grumble on the last minute bridesmaid selection...totally not my choice and I was right...will blog more about it later). Our choice of bridal-wear atelier was right on the mark. Epol was simply accommodating and came to the rescue when much needed.

How's married life?

ROCK-CANDY.

Say whaaaa...???

I'd have to say marriage is like biting into rock-candy. Hard, tough and super sweet all at the same time. A bestie of mine couldn't make it to the wedding but she was kind enough to call me from Langkawi to give some marriage advice and warn me of how tough it will be at first cos' "nak adjust dua kepala jadi satu" (to merge two minds). I just didn't expect it to be this hard...HUWAAAAAA...

It does have its set of challenges. Comments and interference from other 'interested parties' don't really help. I guess I just have to keep reassuring myself that marriage is a work in progress, many things to work on and many things to live for.

Nonetheless, everyday life is much sweeter with husbie by my side. Even washing the dishes and doing the laundry together can be enjoyable chores when he is right next to me.

How was the honeymoon?

AWESOME! We just got back from our honeymoon two weeks ago.

We didn't know where to spend our honeymoon at first. We had plans for several destinations i.e. a set of itineraries for respective destinations but couldn't finalise our plans. Finally, we chose Bali and no regrets there. We spent 6 amazing days there and loved every minute of it...sans the 4 hour flight delay back to KL...MAS, oh MAS!

How are the kitties?

They're lovely as ever. Pending us settling in our new home and for them to prance around husbie. All of them have already gotten used to husbie's smell. Now, it's my turn to do the necessary for the new house so that it won't smell of seven cats...ventilation is key here...

Jojo is much better comparatively to early 2013. She has put on some weight and her fur has regrown but half of her lower body still remains slightly bald. Poor thing.

There has been a new addition to the family. My father's cat, Oscar, an american short-haired with bengal stripes on its body. Very much a feisty little thing and cute to boot. So, for now, I'm taking care of eight cats in total. I swear I'm every neighbourhood's cat lady...not the bad kind...just the kind who is willing to roam the neighbourhood calling out any of my cat's name if any of them ever gets loose from the house (they are indoor cats so not used to other environment).

How was 2013 for me?

Rough. Truly. Lots of tears were shed. Lessons learnt. Got to know people's character better. Discovered new strengths I didn't know I had. Rekindled relationships.

What's my outlook for 2014?

A better year and stronger me, physically, mentally and emotionally.

Soon to start new job. At the same time, I too hope to get my business off the ground.

Weight management is also in the works. One if the many items in-laws broached in our 'talk'. Haizzzzz...

Better financial management. Certainly a priority item for 2014.


Here's to 2014 and may it be a fantastic year for all of us! Ameeeen...

No comments:

Post a Comment