Friday 18 July 2014

My deepest and heartfelt condolences to all loved ones of MH0017 passengers

When we heard the news last night, just 40 minutes after the crash, that feeling of surreal took some time to sunk in. I hugged my husband, just thankful, both of us are fasting and safe at home and not away from each other.

Just less than six months, another tragic incident for MAS and Malaysians as well as our international friends. In my case, I immediately contacted my WTI colleague to find out where he was and coincidently he just arrived in KL from Paris (he travels a lot from Geneva you see and at times, via Schipol is the best route to KL).

I love to travel and have travelled many times for work, but I'd be lying to say that such incidents to occur within a short duration would not mar travel plans.

Now, not only it is important to inform loved ones of travel plans but to also ensure the flight route. However, as highlighted in the news, it is the norm for airlines' high-way to cross-over war torn countries. I remember when I was studying in the UK, we'd be flying across Afghanistan and thought nothing of it. I guess now we have to have that set in the back of our minds.

I totally can't imagine what the families are going through. The amount of shock and grief would be devastating. I, as a fellow Malaysian and a stranger to those on board, even dreamt of it and cried in my sleep.

I extend my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to our international families out there. My love goes out to all of you and may God ease your journey and pain throughout this ordeal.

Al-fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment