Monday 14 December 2015

The Mee Goreng Mishap

One night, I decided to finally give home-made Mee Goreng a go for dear Husbie. It sounds simple enough to cook. Tumis some shallots, garlic, chillies, dash of this and that, stuff some fish balls in there and waaalllaaaa...

Uh-uh....Seriously NO!

We were already coughing none stop before I even served it.

Hubs: OMG! B! Pedaaasnyeeeeerrrr!!!

Wifey: I'm sooooo sorry. I think I did everything right. Bawang merah, bawang putih, cili padi...

Hubs: How many cili padi?

Wifey: Five.

Hubs: WHAT?!!!

Wifey: Well, when we had dinner at your mum's last night, your mum put in 10 cili padis and it turned out fine.

Hubs: Mama letak to garnish it! Not to tumis!

Wifey: Ok, ok. Please stop eating the damn thing. I pun dah berpeluh makan. Nanti you sakit perut kang!

Hubs: Takper, I makan. (Bless him. He actually ate the whole thing and told me to shut up when I wouldn't stop telling him to stop eating the awful Mee Goreng).

The next morning, while driving to work, both of us were laughing away from the night's debacle. Well, Hubs did most of the teasing with me trying to not bite his head off. I couldn't help but laugh at myself though. One has to admit when it's superbly funny.

"Well, you can include this with your Cili Masak Ayam. Now, dah ada Cili masak Mee Goreng."

"Can't believe you tumis'd the damn thing. People use it to garnish the Mee Goreng. Nih, Cili garnished with Mee Goreng."

#Frust #Cissss #WhenwillIevercooklikeanexpert




No comments:

Post a Comment